Thinking about getting Invisalign Teen in Kennewick? Before you get started look over this list of 10 things you need to know about how to skip over the pain of traditional braces with the Invisalign technology made just for teens.
What You and Your Teen Need to Know About Invisalign Teen in Kennewick
- Invisalign Teen is a nearly invisible way to straighten teeth by using a clear and removable aligner that is worn over the teeth on a daily basis.
- Every two weeks the Invisalign cover is changed out for a new one until the teeth gradually shift into a more aligned state.
- Invisalign can effectively treat mild to severe overcrowding, underbite, underbite and more orthodontic conditions.
- Invisalign doesn’t interrupt sports and musicians, because the teen can just remove Invisalign when doing these activities. This means no more having to worry about injuring the lips and face during sports games and practices!
- It is easier for teens to maintain dental hygiene with Invisalign, because the teen can just remove Invisalign when flossing and brushing.
- Treatment time for traditional braces and Invisalign are about the same length. How long the treatment will vary on how much the teeth need to be corrected.
- Invisalign Teen needs to be worn 20 to 22 hours today to actually correct the teeth. According to studies most teens only wear their retainers for 21 hours. Parents, you may want to check in with your teens every now and again to make sure they are consistently wearing Invisalign!
- Invisalign Teen has a special feature- a blue indicator that fades when the teen is wearing the retainer. If the teen is not wearing Invisalign their orthodontist will be able to tell by how much the blue has or has not faded.
- Invisalign may remove the aesthetic discomfort of wearing traditional braces, but it still a process that causes minor physical discomfort. Just like traditional braces, the pain is nothing that can’t be managed with a small dose of Ibuprofen.
- Not all teens are good candidates for Invisalign. To find out if your teen qualifies, visit a specialist of Invisalign Teen in Kennewick.
Want to Learn more About Invisalign Teen?
To read more about Invisalign Teen contact our office. Also, if you are seriously considering Invisalign Teen, we recommend making an appointment with Dr. Barney to discuss the specifics.